91-33-2280 9659

224 A. J. C. Bose Road, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.

triangle

About

Bishop’s college was founded by the first Anglican Bishop of Calcutta, Bishop Thomas Middleton on 15th December 1820 at Sibpur, on a site next to the Botanical Gardens by the side of Hoogly river. The original buildings still survive as part of the Bengal Engineering and Science University. It was originally intended to serve as an Arts College, as well as for the training of ndian Christians for the priesthood, and as catechists and teachers in Christian Colleges and Schools.

With the introduction of the railway, it was felt that the college should be shifted to a suitable site in Calcutta and finally the present site at Beckbagan, Lower Circular Road (A J C Bose Road) was decided upon..



<< Dec 2017 >>
MTWTFSS
27 28 29 30 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Gallery


Copyright 2017 Bishop's College. All Rights Reserved. Website by Symmetrix Systems