Welcome to Bishop's College
Bishop’s college was founded by the first Anglican Bishop of Calcutta, Bishop Thomas Middleton on 15th December 1820 at Sibpur, on a site next to the Botanical Gardens by the side of Hoogly river. The original buildings still survive as part of the Bengal Engineering and Science University. It was originally intended to serve as an Arts College, as well as for the training of ndian Christians for the priesthood, and as catechists and teachers in Christian Colleges and Schools.
With the introduction of the railway, it was felt that the college should be shifted to a suitable site in Calcutta and finally the present site at Beckbagan, Lower Circular Road (A J C Bose Road) was decided upon..
FCRA Quarterly Return
17 - Aug - Fri
The FCRA Quarterly Return can be found by clickin Read More
15 - Feb - Mon
The final year students organized the college Bonf Read More
15 - Jan - Tue
The College reopened for the new year, 2015 on the Read More